2D Walk-Away Borehole Seismic Imaging
(hi-res "real-time" image, VTI info, multiple lines can give VTI and HTI info; maybe AVO/rock properties?)
Improve your drilling & completions decisions!
- High-resolution 2D image in the direction of sources
- Full offset but limited azimuth coverage
- VTI anisotropy analysis only (no HTI)
- Appropriate for post-stack inversion or ThinMAN®
- Shorter array may be used if source locations can be reoccupied easily
Well Trajectory Imaging
Well Trajectory Imaging (WTI) is a 2D application of BSI directed along the planned trajectory of a horizontal well.
"My estimation is that without the Well Trajectory Imaging (WTI) provided by SIGMA³, we would have been completely out the Haynesville Shale porosity zone for at least 3/4 of the lateral. It is very safe to say that at least half of the total well cost was saved. That would be approximately $6M."
– Jeff Reagan, Chief Geophysicist, BEUSA ENERGY