Real-Time Operations Engineer
Salary: Negotiable commensurate with experience
Reports to: Operations Manager
Start Date: Immediate
Job Description: The Real-Time Operations Engineer will primarily monitor Microseismic Acquisition for various clients in the field as well as monitor real time event detection and data flow back to the client. Must be able to represent the company when meeting with clients and managers of other contractors on site.
- Degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Technology, or related degree.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in Real-Time Operations and in the Oil & gas Industry.
- Ability to frequently work in various weather elements and environmental conditions. The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
- Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials.
- Ability to work as part of a team and have strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work more than 40 hours per week, with the ability to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and on short notice.
- Adhere to company dress code and grooming policy during all field assignments and when interacting with clients.
- Must maintain a current and valid class of Driver's License.
- Must obtain a Class A or Class B CDL Driver's License within 60-days of employment.
- Must successfully pass a full background check which includes, but not limited to, criminal, education, previous employment, references, driving record, and physical exam.
- Must successfully pass pre-employment drug testing.
- Ability to travel domestic and international as needed and for extended periods of time to fulfill duties and responsibilities for this role. Amount of travel and destination of travel is dependent upon field assignments.
- Fluent proficiency and comprehension of the English language.
- Successfully pass all mandatory safety exams in order to be allowed to work at client site locations.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance frequently.
- Climb up onto and down from equipment repeatedly.
- Climb up and down ladders repeatedly.
- Able to manipulate small hand tools.
- Continuously walk, stand, squat, or bend.
Key Performance Requirements:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Real-time systems are operated in an efficient and effective manner at all times.
- Ensures system performance meets client satisfaction and expectations at all times.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to interact with Clients, and other service personnel in order to get the information required both in the office and on location.
- Gain an understanding of the Microseismic and VSP business, both technically and from a business development standpoint.
- Exhibit leadership abilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to company and client safety policies at all times.
- During Microseismic Acquisition, provide 24hr hardware/software/processing/survey support to our field crew and processing teams related to the following:
- Hardware - Monitoring performance of our onsite processing system, and to provide assistance if needed
- Software - Constant upkeep and monitoring of the RTO flows, LIFO, ASCII Acquisition, Amazon Web Services, Houston/Denver location's GeoPRO, Fractor, and working with the developers/JIRA.
- Survey - Provide our field crew with information as requested, such as modeling results to determine placement of array, communicating with clients to provide updates, and assist in daily reports for the clients
- Processing - Depending on Houston/Denver location's work load, run hodogram analysis on perfs to generate orientation files, process raw SEGY data for import into Fractor, locate events in Fractor. And setup CRYSTAL™ projects
- During times when NO Microseismic Acquisition Surveys are taking place:
- Work with software development teams to help guide the direction of our software
QA and User Acceptance Testing is performed on all new releases. Primary focus of the testing is to ensure usability in the wireline, but also to assist in testing of velocity analysis tools, earth modeling tools, data processing tools, and system management tools
- Design and maintain software distribution network
- Write custom applications for field use, processing use, and cloud infrastructure use
R&D new technology for deployment in the field (this can range in software, internet connectivity, cloud services, etc)
- Develop new hardware/software for ASCII acquisition systems
Continue designing NOC (network operating center) software for controlling all RTO systems from a central location
- Work with Software team in designing the GeoPRO infrastructure, designing and implementing workflows to improve data throughput, test and implement WAN optimization solutions for all offices and wireline units
- Continue designs on FPGA units for Tomo analysis
- Provide training to both Houston and Denver location employees.
- Performs assigned reporting and administrative duties for field operations, accurately and on schedule.
- Interface with GeoProcessors and clients
- Attend Client "Kickoff" meetings prior to going to the field
- Attend nightly meetings with all key personnel to discuss that day's performance, a detailed plan for the next day's performance, to update the job plan and discuss Safety, Quality, Production and any new ideas that may make the job go better.
- Ensure that all DOT regulations are adhered to.
- Must comply with established random drug-testing policy.
- Responsible for ensuring safe driving and operation of company vehicles.
- Successfully complete all assignments during training program and pass all applicable competency testing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Sigma Cubed Inc.
Interested applicants must email their resume to: email@example.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer