Location: Houston, TX
Salary: Negotiable commensurate with experience level
Reports to: Processing Team Lead
Start Date: Immediate
Job Description: Provide advanced seismic processing expertise focused on multi-component borehole Microseismic imaging for a rapidly growing E&P technology company.
- Adhere to company and client safety policies at all times.
- Full-cycle processing of continuously recorded passive seismic data from field records to final products.
- Monitor the recording equipment and conducting quality control of recorded data. Must be familiar with all aspects of recording operations to include field procedures, energy source systems, survey and electronic recording equipment.
- Interface with Field Acquisition personnel and clients.
- Ensures quality of service delivery and execution during all phases of operations.
- Build 3D earth models using a proprietary LINUX application.
- Work with in house petrophysicits to edit well logs using a proprietary LINUX application.
- Pick velocities from perforation or calibration shots using a proprietary LINUX application.
- Generate 3D anisotropic velocity models using a proprietary LINUX application.
- Develop 3D anisotropic travel time grids from a proprietary LINUX application.
- Develop forward elastic models and specify acquisition geometry from a proprietary LINUX application.
- Perform signal processing of continuously recorded seismic trace data: bandpass, spatial, FK, FX filters.
- Prepare professional materials in MS Word or PowerPoint under the direction of the Team Leader.
- Must comply with established random drug-testing policy.
- Successfully complete all assignments during training program and pass all applicable competency testing.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Position requires a four year degree from an accredited university in either Geophysics, Physics, Mathematics or related disciplines.
- 2 years or more processing Microseismic data.
- Must be able to work onsite at well locations and interact with clients.
- Ability to work at times, in various weather elements and environmental conditions. The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. When onsite, may be required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials.
- Must be able to work more than 40 hours per week, with the ability to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and on short notice.
- Adhere to company dress code and grooming policy during all field assignments and when interacting with clients.
- Must maintain a current and valid class of Driver's License.
- Must successfully pass a full background check which includes, but not limited to, criminal, education, previous employment, references, driving record.
- Must successfully pass pre-employment drug testing.
- Ability to travel domestic and international as needed. Amount of travel and destination of travel is dependent upon assignments.
- Fluent proficiency and comprehension of the English language.
- Ability to learn proprietary processing systems, workflows and algorithms.
- Understanding of fundamental science behind all phases of workflow.
- Proficient with Linux based seismic processing systems.
- Skilled in both Windows & LINUX operating systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to concisely and coherently communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Highly motivated person with strong, personal initiative.
- Appreciation of customer requirements and value of information at all phases of job duties.
- Ability to listen to clients and distill written or oral feedback into product or process improvement.
- High degree of integrity and character to face tough issues honestly and directly, always disclosing factual technical advice to clients.
- Ability to execute on scope of work tasks for multiple projects successfully in parallel.
- Ability to think critically about complex problems, communicate questions or comments to colleagues & clients in a concise manner, always focus on the most reliable, and efficient end solution.
- Deliver on-budget, on-time to specification for every project.
- Clearly focused on contracted delivery dates and delivery of work product.
- Ability to collate, prepare, and present coherent, factual technical presentations to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Graduate Degree in Geophysics, Physics, Mathematics or related discipline.
- Experience with processing/analysis of seismic trace data for Microseismic monitoring.
- Experience with processing/imaging VSP data.
- Experience in seismic analysis and interpretation.
- Fluency in multiple languages preferred, but not required.
- Ability to convey credibility and passion for this field of work.
- Required to sit for long periods of time in front of a computer screen(s).
- Regularly typing on a keyboard and manipulating a mouse on a daily basis.
- Able to communicate effectively in writing and oral presentations.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Willingness to learn new technology.