Move the Needle™ on Your E&P Performance
Thank you for joining us at EAGE!
Upstream investments are proceeding at a record-breaking pace. Oil field services are in greater demand and are driving OPEX/CAPEX higher. For asset teams in the field, the pressure is on to explore with a clearer vision, drill and complete more efficiently and safely, and maximize production volumes while optimizing the investment profile of each asset as part of the corporate portfolio.
As oil companies search for opportunities to optimize their exploration, drilling, and production efforts in complex reservoirs that were previously not economic, operators are forced to address multiple challenges that historically have acted as barriers to success.
- What areas will be the most productive and profitable?
- How do we drill the fewest wells and leverage their trajectory to make the most of reservoir properties, including geomechanical attributes like brittleness and features like natural fractures?
- How do we design wells that best connect natural and induced fractures with the least number of hydrofrac stages?
- What hydrofrac engineering and completion techniques will maximize our production and ROI?
The answers to these questions cannot be found in traditional silos because they require a truly interdisciplinary approach that starts with oil finders' DNA combined with integrated workflows and technology. Handling this lifecycle in a dynamic fashion requires an integration of geoscience and engineering that has not been available until now.
Success Through Integration of Geoscience, Engineering & Real-Time Microseismic Monitoring
Managing the life cycle of the petroleum asset requires true integration of the geoscience and engineering disciplines to optimize performance in the primary phases of exploration, drilling and production. In each phase, critical questions must be addressed to assure the success of the asset-based business.
The process starts with Reservoir Understanding by answering the questions "Where do we explore?" and "How do we reduce risk?". Understanding the reservoir is the essential first step in the asset workflow that is enabled by integrated technologies and expertise in the fields of:
- Earth Modeling & Imaging
- Integrated Interpretation
- Quantitative Seismic Analysis
- Prospect Evaluation & Risking
Well Positioning & Field Planning
Once the reservoir is defined from seismic data, the next step in the process is to drill and complete/frac wells safely and cost effectively through Well Positioning & Field Development Planning by answering the questions, "Where and how should we drill?" and "Where and how do we frac?". Drilling and completion operations are typically 40-50% of the E&P budget, so addressing these questions in a robust way is essential to success. This must be enabled by integrated technologies and expertise in the fields of:
- Reservoir & Fracture Properties Prediction
- Pore Pressure & Geohazards Prediction
- Well Design & Completion Design
- Continuous Wellbore Imaging
- Well Operations Monitoring (RTO)
After the reservoir has been penetrated, logged and evaluated and the data are used to update the reservoir model, the next step is to use all of the information to design and implement a production plan that will maximize the recovery from the asset and with "Time-to-Cash" (T2$TM) in mind.
The primary question in Production Optimization is "How do we maximize reserves?". This process must be enabled by integrated technologies and expertise in the fields of:
- Reservoir Management
- Quantitative Reservoir Simulation
- Microseismic Field/Frac Monitoring
- Integrated Geomechanics
- Active, Passive & Continuous Seismic Monitoring
All three phases of the process must act in a seamless fashion, transforming the traditional static reservoir model of the 20th Century into the Dynamic Reservoir Model of the 21st Century, where information is constantly updated and learning never ceases.
Turn Uncertainty into Actionable Knowledge
Through a truly integrated, reservoir-centric portfolio of technology, expertise and services, SIGMA³ Integrated Reservoir Solutions™ delivers an unprecedented level of integration that spans reservoir understanding to production optimization.
We provide the highest level of service to:
- Help operators understand their reservoirs and reduce uncertainty
- Assure safe operations
- Maximize the value of every dollar spent on exploration, drilling and production
- Fundamentally transform workflows and processes with world-class expertise, experience, technology and software
Are you ready to take the next step in E&P innovation? Contact SIGMA³ today!